Sunday 6 January 2013

My January Marathon

My January Marathon
A few weeks ago. feeling brave, I said that I aim to complete a marathon a month in 2013, so here is the first.

I wont lie, it was tough, I was not prepared enough and had done no long runs since Wensledale wedge in November. I did plan my route last night though. 3 laps so that I was never too far from home, which was a good job, when I needed a comfort break at the end of lap 1.
Lap 2 went ok but soon I began to realise on lap 3 how unfit I had become. At mile 22 I was struggling. I walked a while whilst I changed over my water bottles and had a Dextrose. I ran slowly the next mile but soon was struggling again and I decided to walk the last 2 miles, I walked a a decent pace but found I was unable to run the last downhill section.
It's a long time since I have felt so exhausted, my mind got me though. I hope next months goes better.
It's been a busy week, I've run every day for Janathon and Sid's Poppyfields January challenge and racked some miles up for Moonjoggers, I've managed quite a few miles swim, bike, run for 2013 miles in 2013 and completed my first monthly marathon.
I wonder where I would have run/walked to if I had an earthly destination.
Here are this weeks figures
Walk 4.09 miles
Swim 1.5 miles
Bike 35.51 miles
Run 50.76 miles
Total 91.76 miles so far in 2013

1 comment:

  1. Now that is what I call impressive! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete