Saturday 5 January 2013

A challenge for all of you

Day 5 of the challenges. Cycling was on the menu today, 30 miles, but I needed a run too. Whilst hubby was walking the dog I ran up to Wath road end and back 1.72 miles in total but Landrover Hill was a killer, what's new.
Hubby was not keen on 30 miles and fancied the route we did on Thursday, we decided on a route based on the Ripon Tri bike route. Compromise, the way forward.
Off we went on the mountain bikes, hubby in the lead as usual. I really am no longer bike fit. It was hard work trying to keep up. But it gave me time to think of new routes (always easier when I out and about) it also got me thinking of ways to complete my run 2013 challenge. On the way home we went off road for a short while, that was fun.
This afternoon I went to visit mum and decided to map the route to see which route is quicker. I speed walked as extra phys, so that was 2.2 miles.
Run 1.72 mile
Bike 23.51 miles
Walk 2.2 miles
Total 27.43 miles
And so to my challenge to you. I have decided that the moonjoggers run 2013 miles will be the challenge that I use to raise funds for the British Lung Foundation. To help me maintain focus I challenge you to find me a more earthly destination from Ripon North Yorkshire uk to .........
It can be 2013 miles to drive (run) or as the crow flies. I then can look at the countries and towns that I pass through on my virtual journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment