Friday 4 January 2013

Day four, a mountain to climb

Well I've hit the ground running so to speak. Four days into the challenges and I can feel it already. I ache, I ached when I got out of bed this morning and I was still aching when I went for a swim at tea time, funnily enough I hurt loads now, but I know that is because I cut my training back after Outlaw in July and totally slashed it to not much more than a bit of running after Dublin marathon, so I've put a lot of weight on and have got quite lazy. This is the beauty of these challenges, they give you focus and get you going again. I've already clocked over 20 miles of running this year and been on the bike for the first time in months, apart from a trip to work (1 mile away) and back in early December.
It's like climbing a mountain, as the month goes on the rise to success will become more difficult and strength of mind will override a tired body as I look forward to the down hill journey, (February), but as February arrives I may get an occasional day off, but its not all downhill as the distances and training times increase. I know it will be worth it when I look back on 2013 and relive my achievements.
Today I have;
Run 5.3 miles
Swum 1000 yards
total 5.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment