Monday 21 January 2013

Day 21 snow day

I got up this morning and went for a run, hubby walked Jed so I could just go and enjoy the snow, I set off at 6:30, slowly and wearing my Yaktrax. I was impressed to see that North Street was clear and there was plenty of traffic. I ran round to Lickley Street along well trodden footpaths. The roads were snowy but case were travelling along them ok, and even though Lickley street is a hill, it was obvious that a few cars had already made it up the hill. The bridge at Fishergreen was a bit skippy, but Yaktrax helped me stay upright. It was turning into a nice run, the weirdest bit was West Lane, the snow was deeper there. I got to Glovers Bridge and checked my watch, it was 7:20 time to go home and get ready for work, shame, I could have run much further.
When I got out of the bath I had a text from a colleague, apparently school was closed. I never got a text so I went in, it was a great opportunity to do some admin tasks without interruption.
Left work at 2:30 and after a lovely cup of coffee, went to walk Jed with Hubby. Jed loves the snow, even when it's almost up to his belly.
So that's today, I have not decided whether I will swim at 8 tonight or not yet.

4 comments:

  1. Dogs seem to love the snow, every time we go out Bob acts like its the most exciting thing he has ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved seeing dogs in the snow - nothing matches them for excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby throws snowballs and Jed destroys them

    ReplyDelete