Friday 11 January 2013

Day 11 more than a third of the way

Last night I slept the best I've slept in ages. I didn't even know I was not sleeping well till I woke this morning. How wired is that? I would have liked to have gone back to sleep but it was 5 to 6 so the alarm was about to go off, and I needed to run. I had to run before work as swim training is straight after work on a Friday. I went for my run with my yak trax in my pocket, I was expecting a heavy frost. I was wrong, it was wet (again). My sore leg was sore to start with but soon settled and the run was nice and steady, wish I'd had longer to run but I had to get to work so 4 miles would have to do.
The tv has been scaremongering about snow and it seems to have made the roads busier, it's the same when it rains. Took me ages to cross the roads.
Any how I rushed home, got bathed dressed and made my pack up then work had to disrupt my life for a few hours. Fortunately it was a calm quiet day so I finished in good time ready to go home and change for swimming.
Swim training is always tough, 1 hour of a breasting. Tough but always worth it. The pool was busy tonight, 5 per lane we did a tempo session and I was shattered at the end and more than ready for. My tea and cider (Friday Treat)
I've added my running miles this month up for 2013 miles Ripon to Moscow virtual challenge for British Lung Foundation and I've managed 76 miles this month so far, I'm still stuck on the M1 somewhere near chesterfield. I'll update regularly.
Run 4 miles
Swim I .2 miles
Total 5.2 miles

1 comment:

  1. No wonder you were knackered! always impressed with how much you fit it :)

    ReplyDelete