Friday 25 January 2013

Day 25

An early run this morning saw me walking stretches of icy pavements, my ankle is still holding up, supported by a compression sock. It's not pain free 100% of the time, the camber on roads and pavements give me discomfort.
I walked to work and back, got changed and walked back to the school opposite where I work to go to swim training, it was a timed mile to start with. I didn't have time to warm up, just got in as we started, 86 lengths of the 20 yd pool we were told, was a mile, I set my pool mate and off I went, slowly to warm up and not knowing how my ankle would react. Ankle was ok and I gradually picked up my pace, playing shark and creeping up behind the others, you could call it drafting but I find it frustrating, being stuck behind with no chance to pass until the person in front lets you past, sometimes 6 or 8 lengths have passed before they do. I lost count and figured that hubby is a good counter, and he had lapped me once, so when he finished I had 2 lengths (I closed that to 1 length) to go. It got to the point when I thought we should have finished but he was still swimming, I checked my pool ate, 88 lengths. I stopped and stopped hubby when he got back, he'd done 90 lengths. We then did sprints and different strokes.
After walking home, I checked my distances. 1 mile is 1760 yd and that is 88 lengths of the pool.
Run 5 miles
Walk 4 miles
Swim 2120 yd

No comments:

Post a Comment