Thursday 31 January 2013

January challenges draw to a close

Well that's it, it's ruled my life for the last 31 days. Janathon. Poppyfields January challenge, and Jantastic. Jantastic started on the 7th an is running till Sunday, the other two are over. I have jogged, logged and blogged daily, I've read other people's blogs and commented on them, I have read liked and commented on Facebook statuses and had the same done back. The support has been amazing. I have also walked,biked and swum some days as well as running. I turned my ankle last week, that only slowed me down, I dont give up easily.
So, here are the stats.
Time spent exercising in January 66.5 hours
Different activities 69
Running 209.98 miles
Biking 71.92 miles
Walking 44.95 mile
Swim 7.39 miles
Total of 334.2 miles
More running in one month than I have ever done before.
So, what next, well, 2013 is the magic number. On Daily mile I am going to see how soon I can reach 2013 miles through doing all my activities, so I'm 334.2 miles closer to that.
With Moonjoggers I am logging runs and walks, so I am 254.93 closer to that target.
My own challenges that I have taken on to raise money for The British Lung Foundation are to run (virtually) from here in Ripon to Moscow (2013 miles) so I am 209.98 miles into that journey (on the M11 heading for London). I also am attempting to run a marathon a month, I did one in training in January and attempt another on Saturday.
I've just signed up for the extended Poppyfields 2013 challenge to exercise everyday. This will help me train for Outlaw long distance triathlon, a few days after my sliver wedding anniversary in July, hubby is doing that too.
So that's it for now, I will try and blog regularly and keep you up to date with my fight to remain invincible whilst I raise money in my Dad's name.
Cheers



5 comments:

  1. That's some excellent totals there across a great mix of sports. You should be proud of yourself. I do fear for people in 3013 though with yearly mileage challenges. Though by then I imagine we'll be gigantic robot brains with 45 foot bionic legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, and as Invincible as I aim to be, I don't think I'll be fit to compete, but never say never. Lol. Well done to you too, I tried to catch you but it was not to be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic totals - which pushed me to run further than I thought possible. Best of luck with all your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fellow stats lover ! Brilliant start to your year and goals, that should be a bottle not a glass :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Abradypus, chasing you kept me focused. and LJB1 thats homebrew, 2 glasses were more than enough lol

    ReplyDelete