Saturday 26 January 2013

Day 26 Oops moments happen

It fair snowed last night, so after a lie in, 7 am, and brekkie, whilst hubby walked Jed, hubby and I set out for Studley. It was tough going, the snow was deep and powdery. Hubby was well ahead quite quickly, but I could not get any speed up because of my ankle. It was lovely and peaceful and it was clear that there were not many people out and about, by the lack of footprints. The cattle grids leading into the park were full of snow and the roads covered in compact snow. On the way up the long drive to the church we met a friend who had the right idea, he was on skis. We ran down the grass to the lake, it was quieter than last week, bet that didn't last though. As we ran around the lake, the sun was shining through the trees, I stopped to take a picture before carrying on, it was deserted crossing the bridges, the only tracks were few tracks and absolutely deserted.
I struggled up to Sam's Seat, and took a couple of pics before heading back to Studley village. The path through the fields was now much easier as lots of people had passed since we ran up them an hour previously. We returned by Hell Wath which was busy with dog walkers.
When I got home and checked my pics, the pic of the sun through the trees a
Has an anomaly there is a red patch on it with what looks like two glowing figures in the wood. Weird.
This afternoon I walked through the slush (the snow is melting quickly) A taxi pulled up and the passenger opened the door, the lady driver told me that my skirt was tucked in my knickers. OMG I had walked through town and was now on the busiest road in Ripon and the static in my tights had caused my dress to ride up. I thanked her and carried on to the nursing home, constantly checking my skirt. Mum was very amused. On the way home I walked home holding my skirt down, a lorry pulled up to ask directions, my first thought was to check my skirt, haha. I can't believe I find this funny and am sharing this with you, not so long ago I would have been totally mortified by an incident like this.
Anyway here are some pics from today, not the skirt incident (by the way, if anyone has pics of that. PLEASE PLEASE delete them .
Run 8 miles
Walk 2.34 miles
Total 10.34 miles

































































No comments:

Post a Comment