Sunday 27 January 2013

Day 27. The thaw

Today my gluteus were tender from yesterday's deep snow run. I decided to get the hills done at the start, I only needed 5 miles today.
The snow has mainly melted overnight so I wore road trainers, seems so long since I last wore them. There were sloppy patches where the compacted snow had yet to melt, but the rain on top made it treacherous. I was just warming up and considering what to do with my hat and jacket, when I turned a corner and hit a headwind, then came the rain and before I knew it my tights were soaked from the rain running off my waterproof jacket.
As I crossed the River Ure I noted that it was rising. But as I reached the ford at Fisher Green, I was shocked how high the River Skell was, the ford was impassable as the water roared under the footbridge. I stopped for pics then set off along side the river, but the river had already burst it's banks and was flowing along the path so I turned round and went the road way around to the Alma for more pics.
Then I returned home to get cleaned up to go through to Harrogate.
The fields either side of the A61 were flooded with all the snow melt and it was pouring down, I think it's nearly time to build an ark.
Well that's another week over. My mileage was good considering Wednesday's accident.
Today I have run 7.2 miles and that's all.
Weekly totals are;
Run 42.62 miles
Walk 15.19 miles
Swim 2.36 miles

Total mileage 60.17 miles





















No comments:

Post a Comment