Sunday 20 January 2013

2013 challenges, week 3 update

Most of my training this week was taking into account the Brass Monkey half marathon at York, this race should have been today, but was cancelled yesterday due to the weather conditions on the course. This was a good decision in my mind. Fast athletes would not have been able to get the times that the were after. There would have been risk to injury, slower runners would have got cold and the poor marshals would have been stood out there in that bitter wind for 3 hours.
What it meant for me though was that I needed a long run. I went out with my husband, he had been out with the dog and said it was bitterly cold, so I wrapped up well, too well, within 4 miles I was struggling with over heating. I stopped and put my coat headband and gloves in my backpack. And carried on, a mile or so later we stopped to chat to another runner and then carried on but now we were off road it was even tougher. It was beautiful though, we ran through Hell Wath, Studley and Clotherholme farm. The toughest bit was the "cow field" the ruts were frozen and hidden by snow, making it tricky underfoot. So t was not the quickest of runs but it was enjoyable.
This afternoon we walked the dog through the fields for a four mile jaunt, again there were tough areas, Jed didn't care, he loved it and was running around like a loony when he slipped on a frozen puddle, he got up looking around, almost in embarrassment, it was so funny.
Anyway here are today's totals
Run 13.16 miles
Walk 4 miles.
As for the challenges;
Janathon, I have jogged logged and blogged everyday for the last 20 days giving me a run total of 144 miles.
Jantastic, I have completed more than my predicted 7 runs a week, total since start on 07/01/13,
17 runs.
Sid's January Poppyfields Challenge, I have done physical exercise every day in January so far and posted it on the Facebook page.
Moonjoggers, since 01/01/13 I have run and walked 161 miles, leaving 1852 miles until I complete my pledged 2013 miles.
2013milesin2013 (daily mile) 2013 human powered miles, swim bike run walk 236 miles done.
My own virtual run to Moscow to raise money for the British Lung Foundation in My Dad's Name.
I have run 144 miles, this places me on the A1(M) near the Alconburys, heading for the A14



No comments:

Post a Comment