Monday 22 June 2015

Tired

One of the downsides of Ironman training is laying down fatigue. From yesterday's blog you can see I got a fair bit of mileage in last week. I am very pleased with that. 
I've had a good few weeks lately, several running races all with PBs and a new event for me, a trail marathon which I completed in just over 5 hours. So now it's payback time. Today I rode to work, it's only 13.9 miles, but today it felt more like 30. It was just hard work, it was chilly and drizzly and a little breezy, but overall tired legs were the biggest problem, but I got to work in time to get changed and be ready to work before 08:30.
The ride home was horrible, as soon ax I turned out of work the wind hit me in the face and was predominantly in my face for the whole trip. My legs wouldn't respond and I was lucky to get 10 miles an hour. I was conscious of time and being later home than expected. I should have stopped to phone and let Billy know, but then I'd be even later, I was feeling very flat and knew the chocolate in my backpack would give me a boost, but I didn't want to waste time stopping.
I decided not to OW swim tonight, I was already cold and tired and I didn't feel it wise to go in like that. I decided to run whilst Billy swam instead and managed a gentle 5km. I had been worried about swimming on a windy day when tired. I had struggled on Thursday, it was a little choppy tonight but not too bad, but I don't regret not going in. There'll be other days.

Saw some lovely swans.
Relaxing now, but dreading the alarm going off in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment