Tuesday 2 June 2015

First race of the month

The Harrogate District Summer Race League is a race series for the local clubs. Tonight it was the turn of Thirsk and Sowerby's to host. The course is flat as it is right in the Vale of York. It was a slightly different course this year.
After marshalling the Ripon Runner Juniorrace on in Ripon I drove to Thirsk and parked up by Thirsk and Sowerby's clubhouse. I met up with mor RR's and we set off to walk to the start, 1.5 miles away.
Somehow I ended up near the back with my mate Jackie, we've been pushing each other in the league races this year. We never heard the start just became aware that everyone was moving. The Kane was quite narrow so it was tough to get by people, but we managed, first Jackie led, then me, we were to and fro for the first 2 miles then I thought Jackie had got away from me. I pushed hard to keep with her and as we started the second lap I took the lead, I could hear her on my heels and was worried that I would run out of steam as I ran around the fields, but it was only a 5 mile race and the end was in sight, one last push and if was done. 5 miles 43 min 12 sec, that was one of the fastest runs I'd ever done. 
Soon the rains came so we jogged back to the clubhouse 1.26 miles. 
There wax a stunning double rainbow to celebrate our brilliant runs.
And so after a lovely buffet provided by Thirsk and Sowerby it was time to come home, hence the late  blogging today.
Day 2 totals
Walk 4.5 miles 
Cycle 0 miles
Swim o miles
Run 6.2 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment