Sunday 7 June 2015

It's still windy

Today is Sunday, that means run and swim day. 
So, dog walked off we went, Billy. Ran with me today, I struggled to keep up, I kept pushing myself though, as I would love to average sub 10 min miles on a long run. But today everything was tired, tired body and tired mind. All to soon Billy pulled away and I could not keep up, he would run back from road endings. The route was mainly quiet roads and started quite flat but the wind was a nuisance, by 7 miles we had started to climb, we climbed for about 3 miles heading away from Bedale, and finally we turned towards Bedale and had a predominantly downhill return home, I kept my eye on my watch and managed to run 15 miles at 10:10 pace. So as exhaused as I was, I was pleased with myself.

We then went To Ellerton http://www.ellertonpark.com for an OW swim. The wind made it like a sea swim without the salt, waves smacking me in the face me mis timing my breathing and sighting and ending up with a mouthful of water. After 2 laps Igave in, I was already tired and my weaker left arm was getting even weaker. I swam around the jetty for a while till Billy finished, he did 4 laps.

So how did we replace the calories today? 
We drove toLeyburn to the Bolton Arms where they do a lovely carvery. http://www.boltonarmsleyburn.co.uk We got straight in as it was late, piled our plates and enjoyed a lovely roast dinner without the washing up. We left there and headed for Brymors ice cream parlour. http://www.brymordairy.co.uk

So that's Sunday done, a few hrs of house stuff and rest before bedtime.
Oh! And watch Sir Bradley Wiggins hour record attempt.
Ironman UK is 6 weeks today, at this time I hope to be on the run.
This week's totals

No comments:

Post a Comment