Sunday 14 June 2015

Soggy Sunday

Awoke this morning, tired and a little sore after yesterday's efforts. I looked out of the window to see that normal service had resumed with regards to weather, wet and windy again. I planned to bike 60-90 miles today, no wonder the weather was rubbish again.
After walking the dog,  Billy and I set off. It was not very pleasant, but it just got worse. I could hardly see through my glasses for the rain and I was getting cold hands and feet. Although it was windy, it was not as bad as previous rides but it was enough to combine with the rain to make it cold for extremities.
We got to Richmond and stopped for the loo, then Billy noticed he had a flat. Not good. He had 2 punctures on his ride yesterday. It was warmer not traveling and the rain had stopped. 
Puncture fixed we headed home. I put vinyl gloves out of Billy's tool bag on to try and get feeling back in my thumbs (my thumbs suffer in the cold). It was soon pouring down, it was like being in the shower.
It poured down all the way home, it was very unpleasant and my tired achy legs meant that I was not riding very fast.
Cold and wet we arrived home after only doing 51 miles. I still had to run for my runstreak so we ran 1/2 mile down the lane and back.
Finally we could get warm. 

So that's it for today.
This weeks totals are 
Walk 15.5 miles
Run 53.71 miles
Bike 77.8 miles
Swim 3.27 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment