Wednesday 10 June 2015

All Pals together

Tonight after running with the juniors I headed off to the other side of Masham where the rest of the club were meeting for a social run. We met at the Bivouac  and split into groups, I ran with the middle group and soon started to wonder if Id bitten off more than I could chew, we ran through fields down and  down we went, then a a short up onto a road. We turned onto Breary Bank  a climb I have done before on the Burn Valley half marathon, a race which sadly no longer exists though there is talk about brining it back. I hope so it was one of my favourites.
We regrouped at the Leeds Pals memorial for a brief history lesson http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/the-young-leeds-pals-who-died-in-a-moment-1-623455
This memorial is to those young men of Leeds who had trained here in the Yorkshire dales before dying in the Battle of the Somme.
We carried on over hill and dale and I seemed to just feel stronger. Back to the Bivouac for food and drink. 
It was a lovely evening and with 333 metres of elevation over 1.4 miles, I reckon it's good training for Otley 10 mile tomorrow, and Swaledale Marathon on Saturday, either that or I won't be able to walk tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment