Thursday 25 June 2015

176 days of running complete

The runstreak continues, it was at risk today with me getting a sore back, at the other side this time.
I cycled to work, Billy worried I would be late and then we'd be a but rushed to go swimming, but I assured him I would be home in time. I made good time getting to work, 14 miles in 56 minutes.
At home time I was running late, I overstretched to grab my backpack and immediately felt pain in my back. I put it to the back of my mind ax I changed into my cycling gear and rode as hard as I could home. My back was a constant niggle, aggravated by carrying a backpack. I was worried that I would end up right back where I was in November and Ironman UK may not be possible. I made it home in 55 minutes, and got ready for swimming.
Before we swim when we go to Ripon we run around the lake before and after the swim. I setoff on the first run and it was not comfortable so I took it steady, I needed to do at least the first run for runstreak, so slowly and gently Runstreak was achieved 
I struggled into my wetsuit and got in the lake, it was not too cold and quite calm. I soon got into my rhythm and swam a whole lap, the water was murky tonight and the weed had grown loads in the last fortnight and was very close to the surface, wrapping itself around my hands and feet, YUK! I gate weed.
After the swim, my back had held up so I decided to do the second run, it was not quick bug a run's a run.
Totals today
Walk 1 mile
Swim o.97 mile
Cycle 27.9 miles
Run 2.5 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment