Monday 29 June 2015

Cramping my style

Yesterday I was shattered, so In went to bed a bit earlier, this meant I woke up earlier. No point wasting training time so I went for my runstreak run, 1.6 miles. A lovely dry sunny still morning a great start to the day.
I cycled to work and again it was a lovely day for cycling, shame I had to go to work. Then as I took on Well Bank, it was like I'd left my legs in bed. Yesterday's hills had taken their toll, but I fought onwards and upwards and was shattered again when I got to work.
The ride home was nice, weather wise again, but my legs were tired, I slogged it out and was home in just over an hour. 
A swim before tea, so we went to Ellerton. As we arrived you would not believe the difference in the lake since Saturday, weed, loads of it had erupted from the water. Eek. At least it's not nasty hedge like weed, it breaks easily.
4 laps was the plan, I'd left my watch at home so I would take my distance from Billy and he would sort my time. Off we swam, it was lovely and calm, Billy swam off and I got into my rhythm and aimed not to be lapped by him. It was a nice swim for a change, I felt in control and I was working hard, but not busting a gut. On the last lap Billy had not passed me, I was pleased with my effort. On the last stretch I was slowly increasing my pace and BANG! It was like aid been punched or stabbed in the calf, I let out a yelp, cramp. I looked around, there was no one to help, I was in the middle of the lake, I flapped around a bit with my ineffective breaststroke, breathing the pain away and calming my initial panic. Then I slowly swam crawl, dragging my legs behind me. 
Another experience for the mental armoury.
Totals today
Walk 1.5 miles
Run 1.6 miles
Bike 28 miles
Swim1.2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment