Monday 15 June 2015

There is a snag in my invincibility cloak

Oh no what's happened, I've got DOMS. Normally I don't get overly sore after a big event but yesterday sore quads and glutes affected my whole day, and they're still sore today.  I think it's because I have not been doing any proper long runs for months. 
Regardless of DOMS I have still continued training but it is also reduced in volume and effort.
Today I did an OW swim instead of my usual run to pool, swim, run home routine. So I didn't bike to work as I wanted to get home quickly, so planned to go for a ride after swimming.
Ellerton was quiet and the water cool, still and clear. Getting into my wetsuit was a effort and I had to push the memory of my back seizing in November, after swimming as recovery for a 23 mike trail run that was not as tough as Swaledale. I took the swim steady and completed 5 laps, I was starting to feel cold so I stayed near the jetty waiting for Billy to finish his 8 laps. Getting out of my suit was done tentatively too, desperate not to trigger a back issue.
On the way home Billy suggested I bin the bike ride and just do a short run. I agreed, I was feeling cold and I know that is a sign that I am tired. 
I don't want that snag in my cloak to turn into a gaping hole, so listening to my body is the best thing todo. Tomorrow is another day and I remain tentatively....
INVINCIBLE

No comments:

Post a Comment