Tuesday 6 January 2015

#Janathon day 6 back in the pack

Tuesday is Running club day, so I didn't run this morning as I was running tonight, don't want to overdo my running yet. So dog walk and walk to work was my morning exercise today. 
After walking home from work and getting changed I walked to the rugby club where Ripon Runners meet, minis aged 7-10 who stay on the field and Juniors aged 11- 16 who run around the town and countryside most weeks but occasionally do a field training session all at 17:15 on a Tuesday evening and Adults who meet at 18:30 on Tuesday and Thursday.
Firstly being a coaching assistant for the juniors, tonight I assisted withthe session was on the field, a pyramid session. The kids were soon warmed up and running well, no sign of Christmas excesses hindering them. They're like little rockets and they love it, they're not as keen on technique sessions they just want to run so a pyramid session is good, they run and we as coaches critique and advise. 
After that it was time for the adult session, I decided to run with my usual group. Aware that my pace is gone and that I have not run much lately, I decided that I would just do a couple of regroups then cut off. 
There were lots of runners tonight, quite a few newbies, once they were put in relevant groups to their ability, my group set of, the pace was quick and I soon was at the back of the group, by about 3 mikes and stop 3 I'd had enough, my leg was grumbling, time to call it a day.
I found running with the pack tough, but I'm glad I did it, 4.2 miles run with a mini regroup for head count and 3 proper regroups. I am recovering at last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment