Tuesday 13 January 2015

#Janathon day 13, all 4 - 1 and 1- 4 all

No! Not a musket in sight . All 4 runs in 1 run tonight.
Tuesday means lie-in, no need to get up and run a mile before breakfast as it's running club day.  No need to dog jog, just a nice (chilly) walk with Jed, then walking to and from work and another walk with Jed. Ah! Nice  and sedate, until 5pm.
I jogged the half a mile to the Rugby club to warm my legs and heart up a bit. Glad I did, it was really cold, breezy and sleety. Very wintery. Next was the fartlek session with the junior runners, I was soon warm chasing them round the streets. I couldn't manage the fartlek, my sciatic bum didn't agree with the changes of pace, so I just ran steady. I had a good cooldown and stretch with the youngsters. Nearly another 3 miles complete.
Next was the adult run, I ran with my usual group and decided I would take it how it comes. The group was large, 24 and soon spread out along the street, I was near the front for the first 3 regroups, but soon worked my way to the back. There were a few snow flurries at one point.  At each regroup I thought, "I'm not too far behind I'll carry on' I did the whole route today. At the end I really was at the back after getting stuck at the traffic lights but Andy stuck with me. I feel better after completing the session, I was tested than last week and although I had a few aches and the sciatica was like an electrical storm in my buttock, it was still better than last week's 4.2 miles. 6.7 more miles completed, who whoo! I stretched off and had a chat before a slow jog the half mile home and more stretching.
On the way home the skies were bright and starry and the pavements were glinting with frost. 
Runstreak day 13 is well and truly completed 4.5 miles walked and 10.68 miles run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment