Sunday 11 January 2015

#Janathon day 11. Watching MAMILs

No! Not those mammals
Or those


These MAMILs


After going out and battling the weather for hours yesterday, I was relieved on my one mile run that the wind had died down, but there were still strong gusts. So Billy and I did our bike training indoors. He found a video workout on You Tube. http://youtu.be/M45BSE6Qz3E . Billy used the rollers and I used the turbo, I'm not stable enough for the rollers, I fall off a lot. Billy is very good on them.
The session was one and a half hours of mixed efforts, all quite short with differing recovery periods.
I found it a tough session and as workouts go, it was probably the equivalent of the  three hour fifteen minutes steady ride that was on the plan, except I would have been out on my own not watching a peloton of MAMILs for an hour and a half.
Does that make me a MAWIL?
This afternoon I was supposed to go with friends to see another friend's dance show at the Sunderland Empire, unfortunately it has had to be cancelled due to structural damage to the building caused by the high winds. What a shame, for the building, the dancers , who have been practicing for months and for us who were looking forwards to it. 

In Sunderland, a statue on the roof of the Empire theatre toppled over and was left on its side hanging from its base 90ft (27m) from the ground.

The theatre has had to cancel performances while the statue remains insecure and surrounding streets are cordoned off.




1 comment:

  1. I think everyone's getting fed up of this horrible weather. Good indoor training session...I totally slacked off today.

    ReplyDelete