Sunday 4 January 2015

#Janathon day 4 a nice day for a ride

Janathon day 4 started with runstreak day 4, a little bit further today, and a little bit quicker, pleased with that. Still a long way from where I was but steadily getting there and resisting the urge to overdo it. I am so pleased to be running again.
After walking the dog it was cycle time. Time to wrap up like a Mitchelin man, brrr it was chilly, about 2 degrees, but it was lovely and sunny.
Targets were 3 hours cycling at between 130 and 140 Heartrate
I decided to head off on my usual Masham route and depending on the state of the roads decide where from there. The roads were not too bad but there were some icy bits in the shade and around puddles and potholes, but mainly ok so I decided to go up to Leyburn. I like this route, it has fantastic scenery and the hills are not too bad. I am avoiding big hills until my back is totally healed as hill climbing started the whole back situation off in the first place. 
At Leyburn I was a little behind my target of 1 and a half hours for  being around half way, but that was the main climbing out of the way. The route home was much kinder, except the traffic lights between Leyburn and Contsable Burton, I never get through them, it's like someone is operating them ans as I get about 10 feet from them they go red. The same happened today.
The views up here go on for miles.
My average pace slowly increased but not enough, the total ride came in at a pace that would be 9 hours 25 min for 112 miles, but there are 196 day until Ironman Uk to improve. 
The whole journey was 46.7 miles average pace 12.5 mph, average cadence 58, average heartrate 126. And overall time 3 hours 43 min 40 sec. With an elevation gain of 1893 ft. 
Targets not met today but it was a good ride.






2 comments:

  1. A good long bike ride for Janathon mileage! Good work. Hope your back gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it is improving (not quick enough).

    ReplyDelete