Wednesday 14 January 2015

#Janathon day 14 Workout Wednesday

Today started with a slip slide run, the pavements had frozen overnight and a flurry of snow had laid on top of it, so today's runstreak mile was pretty slow, but I did run a mile in tough conditions. 
I went home, had breakfast and did a few chores, in the meantime the outside temperature had risen and it had started to snow. So an hour later Jed's Dogjog was easier going than the runstreak mile. Most the ice had gone and the fresh snow was easy to jog on. Jed just wanted to stay out and play in it. 

After work it was dog walk and swim and Watt bikes. The swim was tough as the pool was busy. I was quite tired by the time I got to the cycle studio. I was given my session, 4 lots of 8 minute efforts with 2 minute recovery. The target was 185 watts or more. Gosh that's a tough one, on Monday I struggled to stay over 184 watts on the 3x9 minute efforts. The first effort was 186 av, then I managed a 192 av, then I fought hard to achieve 2 lots of 190 watts average. I was well chuffed. I didn't think I could do that.
Tomorrow is lie in day as Running club training tomorrow evening will tick the runstreak box.

No comments:

Post a Comment