Monday 5 January 2015

#Janathon day 5 back to work, back to routine

The hardest part of Janathon, I always find, is the blogging. And here I am at 21:30 blogging.
I jogged, I did that at 6:00 this morning before walking the dog, and then the Monday routine kicked in.
Walk to work, work, walk home, ( tonight I entered the Yorkshire Marathon when I got home, I was so surprised and pleased to get in, as it sold out very quickly last year and it had opened at 9:00 am this morning but I couldn't even try to enter till I got home at 16:00),  walk the dog. Go to the pool for a swim, come home get changed and then go for a Watt bike session.
A Watt? I here you ask.
Watt bikes are stationary bikes, you can set them up to match your own bike and the sessions are designed to work on your cycling techniques. 
We are very lucky to have a watt bike studio in Ripon and I like to go twice a week, it's a good workout, far tougher than out on the road but I can feel my road cycling improving.
Tonight we did a warm up then 3 x 10 min efforts with 3 min active recoveryand a cool down.
It was a tough session.



No comments:

Post a Comment