Wednesday 28 January 2015

#Janathon Day 28, keeping the runstreak going

I woke up tired this morning, but I needed to do a run, so I got ready and went out, gosh it was tough, my legs were unresponsive and it was fairly breezy. Some runs are just not great and today's run was one of those. After breakfast I took Jed for a Dogjog and it seems that he was not gagging a good run day either. Oh well, put it down to experience and move on.
After work it was swim time, I thought that the pool may be quiet because the weather has been cold and snowy, though the snow has not settled, but it was busy, so I gad to swim around people. I spent the session focusing on the efficiency of my stroke. 
After swimming it was my second watt bike session of the week. I already knew what was ahead of me, 8 lots of 4 minute efforts with 90 seconds recovery, hard work, and I would gave to try and keep my watts at above 204 because on a Monday my average foe 7 x 5 mins was 203.9 and the idea is to try and increase watts as the sets get shorter. I have been dreading it.
It was really hard work but I managed to end up with an average of 210 after the 8 sets. 
So the day didn't start too great with a rubbish run, but ended well with a very successful watt bike session.

No comments:

Post a Comment