Tuesday 27 January 2015

#Janathon day 27, Run Run Run

Well the runstreak continues, 27 days now. Today was running club, no juniors this week, It was a field session and I was not on rota this week. So I had time for some tea today before running to club as a warm up. So just the adult run tonight.
 The group was large but only 1 newbi so most people know the route. We generally run the same route in winter, one direction one week, and in reverse the next. This way we all know the regroup points and there are opportunities for people to cut back when they've had enough. We have a system where front runners jog to the back of the group once they get to the regroup point. This helps prevent them stiffening up and then possibly getting an injury, stop starting all the time. This system helps to keep the group together which us important with such a big group of mixed ability, everyone is trying hard and pushing themselves, so the back runners get a chance to recover a bit as well as the front runners.  Today most of us did 7 1/2 miles, only a few cut it short tonight.
I felt quite good tonight, I ran a good pace but in my absence because of my sciatica, everyone else has improved, so I was middle to back of pack. Threats a good thing because I will now push hard to get nearer to the front of the group again.
After the run, I ran home as a cooldown, I went past home to go to the shop to get milk for my recovery chocolate milk.
I have stretched but my muscles are tender and I have the all too familiar electrical storm occurring in my Piriformis and half my left foot I has reduced sensation.but I had a great run and hopefully it will settle back down overnight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment