Thursday 15 January 2015

#Janathon day 15,

Today I say the "This girl can" video. It's great, well I like it anyway. It is a Sport England  video  to encourage more women to exercise. I have posted a link to the full advert if you haven't seen it yet, on my Paintedrunner FB page.  https://www.facebook.com/paintedrunnerIUPO?ref=aymt_homepage_panel Here is the behind the scenes http://youtu.be/5OeQjEGM12M .
I like the way it shows real women in sport, not slim, leggy youngsters.
As most of you know, I was 40 when I took up running and as a pear shaped, 5 ft 10 in 12 and a half stone athlete, I am aware that I do not look like a stereotypical athlete but look at what I have achieved over the past 9 years and continue to achieve. 
When I was younger I would have been more self conscious of my Lycra clad cellulite, but I just accept it now, I must admit, the first time I went out in public in my tri suit was a bit nerve wracking. But the best thing I wear is my smile. I love what I do and hope I inspire a few people too.
So I think this ad campaign is great.

Any how, today I gave walked and been to running club training, I jogged down, the weather was horrific, rain and gales, but glad I went, I soon warmed up. Then I jogged home. So my runstreak continues too.






No comments:

Post a Comment