Sunday 9 January 2011

(N)ice run

Well today didnt start too great, didnt lose any weight last week even after burning 5739 calories in excersise plus dog walks and walking to work, i need to do even more and eat even less.
The dog walk this morning was a challenge, it had been raining overnight with a freezing wind, hence the streets were like an icerink. I put on my Yaktrax and managed to remain upright, but the dog was like bambi, struggling to walk on the pavements and roads, it was better on the grass.
Today was the first day of upping my turbo session to 20 mins. I calculated my cadence as 94 rpm. session went well, undercarraige getting used to the seat now.
Straight from turbo I went for my long run, it was too dangerous on the roads and paths so my friend and I set off in our Yaktrax to the local deer park. all of the well trodden bits of the park were still slippy so we ran in longer grass and did a couple of hills. We saw an awesome stag, he was a beauty, we saw him again on the way back.
It was hard work running on ice, even the yaktrax struggled to give us purchase at times, so the workout was quite slow but the effort was massive. Janathon day 9 done.

No comments:

Post a Comment