Monday 10 January 2011

Janathon day 10, Marathon training day1

Well at least its a bit warmer, but still rain on frozen ground made it like an ice rink again this morning, Yaktrax to walk the dog, kept me upright. Went to work on my bike, the gritters had done their work and the main roads were not too bad but the pavements were horrendous. Apart from getting soaked, I got to work in one piece.
Marathon Training Plan Day 1 said 5 miles @ 11:01 mpm pace, I couldn't do it. my Maths isn't great at the best of times and I've never tried running to a pace, so When I looked at my watch and saw that the pace was 10:34 mpm I told Vicky that we had to speed up, it wasn't till we'ed done the worst inclines that I realised that we should have slowed down, DUH!! Still it felt like quite a relaxed pace in the pouring rain and there were only a couple of little bits of ice. actually ran 5.49 miles in just under 59 mins a 10:39 mpm pace
Straight from the run it was swim time, it seemed weird putting my swim cap on wet hair. The pool was not too busy but busier than it has been in a while, but my confidence has grown and I didn't waste time waiting for gaps, I just went for it. did 1000 yards in just under 34 mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment