Wednesday 19 January 2011

Rest day from running today, so it was a Dogjog for me and naughty Jed who yesterday ate all of the pacaging from my husbands new Trionz bracelet that had arrived in the post. So the plan was to tire him out, 3.2 miles in 43 mins did the trick, no chewed mail today.
When we got home from Dogjog I was feeling up for it, so i jumped on the turbo for 10 mins, but ended up doing 25 mins and covering 11 virtual miles I have the resistance set a the lowest setting at the moment, to teach my legs to turn faster and to just get used to that saddle. 
After tea it was time for a quick swim before my volutary youth work at the local drama group. I was getting along quite nicely and the next session started to arrive, so I picked up the pace, determined to do a mile this week, on my last length, the light above the life guard was flashing and she was directing everyone towards the back exit, I took out my ear plugs and realised the fire alarm was going off. swimming to the side of the pool nearest the exit finished my mile. fortunately it was only a drill so we didn't have to go outside into the frosty evening in our swimsuits. We were instructed that had it been real we would have had to go outside to the meet point and that staff would give us foil blankets. I was a bit late for drama.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your century - and welcome to the Janathon Hundred Club. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gary, You too, keep on running

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a trainning day! I wish I had time to do all three dispalines in a day!

    Well done on hitting the ton, fingers crossed i'll be there some time over the wkeend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must remember to wear my glasses when reading blogs, because for about ten seconds i thought you had posted "dogging" as exercise lol

    ReplyDelete