Wednesday 26 January 2011

Its not that I'm not invincible but....

Ok I have taken the rare and mature decision to miss out on tonight's swim. I feel much better today, I reckon that I'm beating this head cold, but as I normally leave the swimming baths and go straight to the YMCA where I am a volunteer youth worker for a youth drama group, and the dont get home before 21:30, I have decided that missing the swim is the best option for my longer term health and training. I have already swum 1 mile this week, and that is the goal that I set myself.
I have turbo'd this morning, 11 miles, and I Dogjogged 1.5 miles, so the Janathon is still very much alive and well.
Cant help feeling that I'm wimping out, and am tempted to get on the turbo to make up the session. But I am stopping myself, by reminding myself that rest is the best cure for colds and that there are just over 80 days left to the London Marathon, so keeping fit is important to get my miles of training in.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely ... listening to your body and giving it a rest when it is needed will help you get to that end goal of the London Marathon.

    Take it easy and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you defo need to rest, you have worked really hard this month

    ReplyDelete