Friday 28 January 2011

head cold was a good thing

I've been having trouble with 02:12, ever since Christmas I have woken in the night at 02:12. every night, I cut down coffee, and alcohol, I cut down glucosomine ( a friend said it could affect sleep) I even spent a tenner on valerian drops, all to no avail.
This week I have been fighting a head cold and have taken Beechams night and day, and for the past 2 nights I have slept through 02:12,( fingers crossed that it lasts). Infact I have been struggling to get up with my alarm at 05:30, but yesterday I decided to set my alarm for 06:00 and woke naturally at 05:36, and today I woke at 05:15, Long may it last.
As for #Janathon, because I was up early, I set out at 06:00 for  1 mile run, and was enjoying it so I extended it to 4 Miles, then I came home, stretched off and jumped on the turbo for 30 mins.
The weekend may be problematic, I have the Ripon Runners annual dinner tomorrow eve, and a long run to fi in somewhere. I have yet to decide whether to go for the long run tomorrow or Sunday afternoon. Decisions, Decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lena, Always a good thing when we can find some positives from a negative thing! I've listed today the positives for having my cold!!

    Wait to see how you feel tomorrow when you wake up and then make a decision about when to do your long run!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the herbal niteol there pretty good and dont make you feel zombie like in the morning.

    enjoy the night out at the dinner

    ReplyDelete