Saturday 7 June 2014

Juneathon day 7 long ride day

The forecast was dreadfull today, 80% chance of rain from 3 am to 11 pm, not great for a long bike ride but when I got up it was lovely and sunny, so after walking the dog it was time to head out on the bike before the weather caught up with me. 
Recently I have used a route made of several laps in order to try and get elevation as well as mileage. Today I decided to head out to Leyburn and then decide where to go. I got to West Tanfield, as I started to climb I went to change into my smaller gears and CRUNCH SNARL CLUNK! I un clipped and looked down, my chain was off and all caught up, Nightmare, only 5 miles in. Good job I keep rubber gloves in my tool kit. It felt like it took ages to unravel. Question now was do I carry on or abandon ride. 
I decided to carry on and see how I got on, the gears would change, but only if I was on a middle rear cog, but it would change, so Leyburn it was.
The views over Masham in the early morning 8am sunshine were stunning. As I approached Jervieux Abbey, I decided to get a pic, 

it looked so lovely on the side of the valley. As I got going again Billy (hubby) and Martin passed me, and soon were specks in the distance. The ride up into the dales is so picturesque I was enjoying the ride in the sunshine. 
From Leyburn, I headed to Bedale then back to Masham and the biggest climb of the day, Swinton castle up towards Grewelthorpe. From there I was looking for routes with hills, Winksley and Mill bank at Galphay, then I headed to Mickley bank, 

I went down for a change. I finally made it home, 65 miles and 3400 ft of elevation. Only to check the plan and read it should have been 60 miles. Oh well, not quick but it wax done, I then ran up Palace Road and back down for my brick.
Once cleaned up I took my bike to the local bike shop, Moonglu to have her gears sorted.
Another dog walk and that's it for today. 
Day 7 totals
Walk 3 miles
Bike 65.38 (hilly)miles
Run 1.6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment