Sunday 1 June 2014

Juneathon day 1 tired before I start

Here it is again, Juneathon. I wasn't going to do it this year as I am training for 2 different long distance triathlons, Outlaw 27 July and Ironman Wales 14 September, two same distance tris but that's where the similarities end. Anyhow, I decided I would take part but not commit to running daily.
Yesterday I ran a club social run of 30 miles (see previous blog) so I set out a wee bit fatigued this morning, but the training plan said 80 mile bike. The social run was NOT part of my training plan, I was only supposed to run 8 miles. I still did it though so had to do the bike ride too. I picked a route that stayed reasonably close to home and had hills in in(IMWales has a hilly bike route) The route was about 20 miles. If at any point it became to much of a struggle I could abandon and come home, but I didn't, tough as it was on this unusually sunny day, I completed 4 laps, 80 miles in 6 hr 21 min. It was hard, especially the last lap and each lap was a similar pace, if not quicker than the last.
Glad it's over though. I also gad to do a 15 min brick run. Now, running with wet muddy feet yesterday gave me a couple of blisters on my Toes and where they didn't bother me on the bike, they were painful right from putting my feet into my trainers. I did however manage to run, albeit slowly, for nearly 15 minutes, only 1.25 miles. But, a run is a run.
When I got home Jed wanted to join in the stretching, but he's more of a hindrance lol.

Day 1 
Bike 80.5 miles
Run 1.25 miles

1 comment:

  1. 80 miles on the bike the day after running 30 miles? Hardcore!

    ReplyDelete