Friday 20 June 2014

Juneathon day 20 Yesterday's race

Yesterday I raced for Ripon Runners in the Harrogate District Summer Race League. It was the 4 th and final race in the series. There is still the handicap to do, but as we are hosting that, I will be Marshalling not competing, anyway the winners of the series weird decided last night.
I run, I do my best and hopefully get points for the club, I shan't be winning any category, unlike some of our speedier club ladies, bug my points count and I love the series.
Last nights race was hosted by Yeadon Dragons and was mainly off road on hilly uneven woodland. I've done this one twice before, but forgot how tough it was.we parked near the cricket club and Jogged the mild to the start. The actual race started slightly downhill but on a narrow path that created a stop start bottleneck. Then onto a Tarmac path, at about a mile the rocky downhill unevenness started taking us along a muddy rocky path and up into the trees, the uneven surface slowed me, I was so worried about a trip or fall, ruining 33 weeks of hard training, 5 weeks before the first iron distance Tri Outlaw. Up an down between the trees and back onto a road, I ran as quick as I could for this short period befor turning sharply up into the wood, up, up ,up I ran, then when the down finally came I was too cautious to make the most of it, but I ran hard back to the path, and the mile back to the start. 
Just over 54 minutes for the 5.4 mile race. Not as quick as last time but still happy.


We then jogged and walked back to the cricket club for supper.
Today is rest day, I've done a fair bit of walking, walked the dog, walked to and from work and to and from a couple of housed viewings. We are looking for a new home at the moment, went to see 2 tonight, can't do anything till we've sold ours though. Wish some one would come an buy ours.
Total for day 20
7.5 miles walking

No comments:

Post a Comment