Wednesday 4 June 2014

Juneathon day 4 Thankyou legs

Tired legs, sore feet from blisters, so racing was the last thing they wanted to do, but tough , legs, there's a race tonight and you're gonna just have to try your best. So, blister plaster applied, and jacket spud for tea. Let's do this.
The race was part of the HDSRL, Harrogate summer race league series. A series of local races, hosted by local clubs and only open to participating club members. Tonight the race was at East Harsley nr Northallerton and run by Swaledale runners. Now all I can remember from this course 2 years ago was lots of puddles and a hill. The race had a lovely downhill start to get the legs going, then as it flattened out there were the puddles, big deep and muddy, I ran around them where I could. I felt I was running well, slowly gaining on a few runners from other clubs, then as I approached the hill, I was passed by a fellow club member and soon after another, but we were still passing people from other clubs, that's what counted. I fought and dug deep to stay clods to my team mates as we ran down towards the end of the race. And finished the 6.25 km route (by my Garmin) in 57:48. Very happy.

Thank you legs





Just checked last results from 2 years ago. I ran 59:57  so tonight I was over 2 min quicker. Now I really am happy with that

No comments:

Post a Comment