Thursday 5 June 2014

Juneathon day 5, the highs and lows of a heavy training plan

I was As I've mentioned before (sorry if I bore you) I'm training for Outlaw and Ironman Wales. The training plan for this is quite tough, and so on Tuesday, it was taking it's toll and my running was dreadful, the last night I ran a great race. So, what would today's training bring?
Today was a 1 hr 15 min cycle followed by a 10 min brick. I decided on a flat route for a change, the weather was pleasant though a bit breezy. I made decent time on the bike and managed to get on the aero bars for some sections. I put the bike away and changed shoes, set of. Blast! The satellite on my Garmin had turned off. I faffed around at the bottom of the street waiting for it to kick back in and then set off. I surprised myself with 1.11 miles in the 10 minutes.
Happy with that. 
Active rest day tomorrow Phew!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as though it's a well-earned active rest day. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete