Saturday 14 June 2014

Juneathon day 14 I hate chips

The plan today was a 75 mile bike ride followed by a 15 min run.
I thought I'd do some hills  for IMWales training and some flat for Outlaw training. 
After walking the dog I set out, 07:45, it's good to get an early start. I thought I would ride up the Pateley road to Risplith and turn to Grantley, then goo Dallowgill, over the moors to Pateley Bridge, then to Summerbridge, Markington, cross the A61 and head for the Vale of York.  I had hardly left Ripon when I was treated by this
Not great for cycling, but it was quiet so I continued with my plan. Soon I passed this sign
And started to descend, a sharp left the right and


Back up the other side. The first of many ups and downs for the day, down then up into Grantley, I then headed the reverse of the Grantley 10km route, aiming for Where the Drovers in once stood. As I got to the Laverton Road end I was confronted with fresh chippings, I turned to Laverton and Kirkby Malzeard. I decided to do the hill at Mickley, it's a 1:5 and then head for Masham via Grewelthorpe and head up to Wathermaske, a steep long hill with no sign.
I got to Grewelthorpe, and there again, new chippings, I turned around and headed back, I went back down the 1:5 Mickley Bank and went to Masham via West Tanfield and another hill, In Masham I headed up Wathermarske and down the 20% Ilton bank, up the not as steep other side to Druids a Temple, then turned and went down to the River Burn and then up to Healy. I went from Fearby to Swinton, back to Masham. 
Where next hmm! thinking ax I rode, I crossed the Ure bridge and turned to Newton le Willows, and went from there to Leyburn, from there, I had covered 52 miles and set off home, up hill and down dale, back to Masham, to Nosterfield, West Tanfield and back home to Ripon via Musterfield.
I was shattered, the flat bit of the ride never happened. 
Pace was slow, it averaged 11.9 mph over 76.06 miles with 1438 metres of elevation.
The run too, was hard 1.42 miles in 15 mins
Day 14 totals
Walk 1.5 miles
Bike 76.06 miles
Run 1.42 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment