Monday 2 June 2014

Juneathon 2014 day 2 Monday mini Tri

I am now into my eighth month of Ironman training, Monday is swim day, this works because the Spa baths session runs from 5 -6 pm. 5 pm is a lane swim, there are not many land swims at Ripon that are at times I can go, so Monday is an important session for me. 
I had to work a bit later today, so I walked quickly home and walked the dog before heading for the pool. There was one other in the lane when I got there, a faster bloke, but we managed to swim without getting in each other's way. 
My session was 16 lengths warm up, 8 lots of 1 length fast 1 length slow, then 10 x 6 lengths steady, then 16 lengths cooldown.
The lane was supposed to be taken out at 6 pm, but they didn't take it out, which made a big difference not having to weave amongst the 2/3 abreast chatty breaststrokers. They took it out when I got out, so everyone was happy.
I walked home and went out on my bike, it was raining, but this session was not on my training plan, so there were no targets. I went a favourite route and could take time to enjoy the views.                           
                 

I love this view over towards The Ultimate at Lightwater Valley. A nice steady wet ride. When I got home I decided that I might as well do a short run, again I just went out to enjoy it, and I did.
So an unplanned mini Tri today,
I have also walked the dog twice and walked to and from walk.
Day 2 totals;
Swim 1.53 miles
Bike  11.05 miles
Run 1.53 miles
Walk 4.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment