Wednesday 25 June 2014

Juneathon day 25 the massage day

At least once a month I have a sports massage. I have been going to Libby since March 2010 and I am sure that I would not be able to train as hard as I do without getting the usual runners/cyclists niggles if I did not invest the time and money in these regular treatments.
Libby now knows me and my body as well as I do, today she worked on my feet and calves, but mainly on my neck and shoulders, ironing out knots and stretching out shortened tight muscles. 
I feel much better for it. 
So feeling like I had a new body, I went out with my friend Jill to recce the Ripon Tri route. She has not cycled much this year. You couldn't tell. We rode at an average of 15 mph. At one point we ended up in the middle of a time trial, I couldn't resist pushing myself a bit, I couldn't keep up, but it was fun.
Afterwards I went for my brick run and my watch had lost satellite, but I couldn't wait around, so set off anyway. I ran the route I always run on a Saturday and I got to the same place as Saturday, but 1 min quicker. Very happy with my pace.
Also today I took my resting heart rate, and it was the same as my age, 47 I am very chuffed with that.
Day 25 totals
28.62 miles cycle
3 mike walking 
1,6 miles running

No comments:

Post a Comment