Wednesday 8 January 2014

#Janathon day 8 feeling aggrieved

Well I like to think that I'm a happy go lucky positive person, and that's how I was feeling when I got up, tired but happy. Then something happened. I was happily walking Jed and I came to the zebra crossing, I stopped, I looked both ways, a car on my right stopped so I walked onto the crossing, there was a big car approaching on my left as I got in front of it, it kept coming, then he slammed the brakes on. I was shocked, my heart was trying to escape from my mouth. I looked over the bonnet at the driver and he glared at me, I signaled to the zebra beneath my feet and completed my journey across the road. I was angry and upset. I'd gad a right fright. Why on earth do some people drive like that, it seemed to be more and more common. Just last week, as I was about to step onto the same crossing a car came speeding around the corner and across the crossing.
I do feel lucky though, because I survived both incidents, they could gave been very different. That wasn't the end of it though. My cycle commute to and from work is short, 1.5 miles there and 2.5 home. I wear my fluorescent jacket and when it's dark I have lights, I don't jump lights and follow the same road rules ax cars, but regularly car drivers put my life at risk just so they could save a few seconds. On the way home today, as I approached a roundabout, one of those white painted ones, I got in the right lane and was cycling around the roundabout, when suddenly the car behind me overtook me by driving over the roundabout, drove 10 yds and pulled into his drive. WHY?
GGGRrrr!
Anyhow grumbles over, I've walked and Cycled and survived both. I also went swimming. I was dreading it, there is no land in on the Wed session and it's only 1 hr session, so I need to be in right on 6. I wax tonight and got my favourite spot along the wall and warmed up the pool got busy quick and soon it was quite difficult at times. I lost count of my laps so did a few more than necessary. 2250 yds and reasonably quick, whole session plus a bit completed. So I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. The old overtake and then immediately turn across the cyclist manoeuvre. It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete