Wednesday 15 January 2014

#Janathon day 15

Wednesday is swim day. Had tea, read a FB message about a Garmin I am selling and went to get it. Couldn't find it, I was sure I knew where I'd put it, could visualise myself putting it there. But it wasn't. I tipped out drawers and got more stressed. I needed to go, swimming was at 6. You need to get there on time to get decent space. No lanes this session. I was a couple of mins late and the pool was manic, it was heaving. I put my training equipment at the side and got in. It took a few mins to find a break to set off. I managed to do 4 x25 yd then had to wait again, managed another 4 and wait. There was no point trying to complete my plan so I just swam as I could, I had a kid jump over me, I was swimming with my head up a lot to try and avoid the blokes coming the other direction. It was a nightmare, I got out and on the way home spoke to staff about the situation and the possibility of putting a lane in when the pool was so hectic. I was told that management won't allow it and that the lane that was in all afternoon was unused. "That's probably because most people are at work in the afternoon". I explained that a lane could have had up to 6 of us in it and been safer for us training and the recreational swimmers. I was told that they would ask again.
So that's it, a training fail but at least I did some swimming 1400 yds in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment