Wednesday 6 January 2016

Twelfth Night

Today, Jan 6 is Epiphany or Twelfth Night. The night to end Christmas celebrations and the decorations come down. Tradition and superstition says that you need to keep the secs up to keep the goblins out. Well I took mine down on Sunday this year and on Monday woke up with this stupid sore hip flexor, coincidence?
Fortunately my hip flexor is less sore today, so I went to Bedale and Aiskew Runners (BAR). I ran with a steadier group this week and the pace was comfortable, I hope that the pain keeps receding and the mobility increasing.
I did the run in my new light vest. This is a cheaper version of one that I normally wear which cost me £45 a couple of years ago. 
The belt is similar, elasticated with a hi vis strip around it and a chunky buckle. The light part is thin plastic tubing, mine is green and there was blue or pink available too. The tubing gives a steady light, or a pulsing light in 2 different speeds. The battery pack is on the waist belt and takes 2 AA batteries.
The tubing is longer that it is on my other vest, but the excess pushed into the back piece out of the way. 
Without my jacket on
With my rain jacket on.


No comments:

Post a Comment