Tuesday 5 January 2016

Runstreak continues (just)

Ever woken up with an injury? I did yesterday morning. Following a restless wriggly night, I had a pain at the top of my leg which increased through the day, though I could still exercise. It was worse this morning and hasn't eased. Fortunately Junior runners had a field session planned, due to the wet pitches we moved the session to a local street for a pyramid session. I managed a slow jog to the Ste then placed myself as a turn point. Afterwards we walked back to club following a stretch session of which some stretches I was unable to demonstrate. 
I wondered if I would be able to run with the adults, I dropped a group and decided that If after a mile it was too painful I waould walk back. But after a few yards I found I was running steadily and almost painlessly. I ran the 5 miles chatting with Linda and apart from up or down curbs, it was pain free. Unlike getting in and out of the car.
Don't know what I e done, do know it's painful when I make certain movements but determined not to let it get in my way.
I think this is the affected muscle.
Still managed this. 
So now I am hoping it goes as quick as it arrived. 


No comments:

Post a Comment