Saturday 30 January 2016

Getting my plod back

Two hour turbo :-( it's a bit windy so I decided to do 2 hours on TrainerRoad today, oh boy that was hard work. I didn't notice that it had defaulted to 200 watts until I had started so I reduced the turbo trainer resistance, that was a bit better. I tried to keep my Heartrate low and my cadence low, but by 90 minutes I was losing the will to live, so I mucked about with different gears and cadence to distract me from watching the clock tick down.
Afterwards I went for a run, I wanted to do 6 miles but didn't know how that would be as my running has been pretty rubbish this week. It was not great to start with but I got to 3 miles and like someone flicking a switch, I got my plod back. It was not quick, just over 10 min miling but it was just easy, I didn't have to think about it, it was lovely, I could have gone a lot further but I have a lot to do today so called it a day, still feeling good at 10 km.

No comments:

Post a Comment