Sunday 24 January 2016

It's hard work riding a bike when you're tired

So after yesterday's off road running antics, I went to the Tri club dinner, it started at 7 pm and finished at gone midnight. I am not used to late nights or dancing till late, there fore I awoke this morning not feeling refreshed just sore, particularly my left ankle which I had turned early into the run and the raw blister which I acquired on the side of my big toe, must have got grit in my shoe which did not only wear a hole in my sock but in my skin too.
I had breakfast and walked the dog, before going out on the bike.It was hard work from the start and the wind with occasional strong gusts did not help. I soon realised that I did have time todo. My planned 55 miles at his pace. 
It was unusually warm today, I was actually too hot. When the wind was in my favour it was quite pleasing tobe out on a bike, but every change of direction back heading into the wind just drained all the effort from me.
I cut the ride short to 36 miles.
I also knew there was little point trying to run my planned 5 miles with a sore ankle and feeling tired, so I took the dog for a steady jog, maintaining my Runstreak.


No comments:

Post a Comment