Friday 8 January 2016

Friday, rest day, well maybe not

Already breaking my resolve to have a rest day.
 In trying to get another swim into the week I got up early and arter breakfast jogged with the dog to save time, not as much as I would have liked, it was really icy this morning so it was a cautious jog this morning.
I then lost time de icing the car, lost more time stuck behind a slow vehicle for miles, and when I did get into Ripon, I had to wait for the dustbin lorry to move out of the middle of the road.
Finally I arrived at the pool, my planned hour swim was reduced to half an hour. Fortunately the pool was quiet and I could just get on and get it done. I swam a bit longer than planned but swam a mile.
Mad rush then to get to work, but I made it.
This afternoon was my very important sports massage, I go monthly and when I ramp the training up I will go more often. Libby keeps the little niggles at bay an today re stretched that annoying hip flexor and worked some knots out of my left calf, neck and shoulders.
And now I'm resting, till tomorrow anyway 


No comments:

Post a Comment