Thursday 7 January 2016

Hitting the road early

Although I prefer the routine of being at work, I then have to work out how to get all my training sessions in, creating a routine that still allows time for family life. I. Have just started the plan to get me to a 55 mile trail race in March whilst still training for an ironman distance triathlon.
The weather is pretty rough too, which doesn't help. So I have downloaded TrainerRoad to make the best of my turbo sessions.
I was up at 5 am to turbo, I ended up faffing about again, the app seemed to have reset and I had to put some details back in. I finally set off on an interval session which was almost impossible. After 8 mins I checked my watts and it had set them at 200 instead of 145. I didn't have time to restart the session, so I picked a 30 min interval session which now that my watts were right was tough but achievable. 
My hip flexor was improving, so after the turbo I went out into the pouring rain for a mile brick run, got home, ate breakfast, showered and walked the dog, all before heading for work.
After work and after tea it was Pilates. I enjoy this class, I finished feeling relaxed but knowing that the amount of glute work we did will give me a sore butt tomorrow.
So that's the first 7 days of the year done, here are my totals, not bad to say I've not been on full form this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment