Saturday 4 June 2011

#Juneathon 4/30 A Race and a Ride

Had wanted a swim todayyy. It was lovely and warm today and tthere was a lake session but after being so tired at Thursdays race I decided to just go down and watch Hubby do his swim. Hubby and I are doing the Great North Swim in a fortnight. We have never done anything like it before so it'll be an adventure. The weather changed here suddenly it went cloudy and cool, ideal conditions for me to run in. It turned out to be a good race. I started near the back and eased myself into it. I felt good the whole run even the hills. I never even considered walking. Since the Edinburgh marathon 2weeks ago I have raced 4 more times and apart from Thursdays race at Catterick there have been no sign of marathon legs. I finished todays race in 56:36 which is a course PB Last year I did it in 63 mins and the year before I did it in 57:56. So despite the extra races and training I still did a good time. I went out on Tessie after I got hone from the race. Yesterday I bought new shoes and pedals and was itching to try them out. The shoes I had were road shoes and I didnt like the lack of grip for stopping and I always had difficulty clipping in quickly at road junctions. The new pedals are a combination of cleats and standard pedals they are also double sided. So not clipping in is not an issue. The new sgoes are mountain bike shoes, the cleats are inset into the treads of the she. They are easy to walk in and have grip. I rode a flattish course and was happy with the difference in my confidence at junctions, not worrying about getting clipped in.

2 comments:

  1. You'll enjoy te great north swim. It's beautiful, and in the unlikely event that a triathlete like you starts to struggle, you will end up with your own personal kayaker making encouraging noises and keeping you going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From being tired to getting a PB in a race, then going out on your bike... where did that energy come from?! Well done Lena :)

    ReplyDelete