Friday 3 June 2011

Janathon 2/30 HDSRRL Richmond

Just a little update on last nights race. No beating around the bush, I found that really hard. As I said yesterday I felt tiredcall day, the fact that the weather had become suddenly hot again and Im rubbish in heat. All I wanted to do yesterday was sleep. Anyway the race. It left the atheletics track and turned UP to wards the ranges wher it continued UP on a track. There were a couple of steep DOWNS but we were still working our way UP. Eventually we hit the road and the course leveled out afor aa bit. At about 3 1/2 miles it turned DOWN towards Scorton a DOWN it went. I had struggled up the hills passed people walking. I could have walked but refused. Now we were goung DOWN I was being passed by the ones who had walked. ANNOYING. Some people were walking on the flats too, I could have walked, I wanted to walk but I didnt but I couldnt catch the Walkers and eventually they beat me, but I ran it I ran it all . 1 ran a tough 6.48 mile race in the warm with no water stops in 64:34. Ok so its not fast but I have done alot of training for thr tri this week and in the last 10 days I have raced 4 times, 1 marathon and 3 10kms and I have another 10 km race on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Bearing in mind the warm conditions and all the UPs you shouldn't feel so down with that performance. At least you kept going, well done Lena :) Have a good one on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bearing in mind the warm conditions, you should also consider whether you are currently participating in JANathon? I would genuinely inteested to carry out a proper run/walk strategy over a distance race. Supposed to be very effective actually. But well done for sticking to your goals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty good effort and you should be well pleased after all life is all about taking part and not sitting on a sofa letting life pass you by

    ReplyDelete